- 2 independent delay channels (or 4 or 8 in option)
- 100 ps delay resolution (1ps in option)
- 50 ps channel to channel RMS jitter (5 ps in option)
- 50 MHz rate
- Output pulse 1.5 to 5 V into 50 Ω, 1 ns rise time with variable control of width, polarity, burst count, amplitude, and MUX mode
- Trigger for every channel may be repetitive or single from:
- Two independent inputs (with pre-scaler)
- Three synchronous programmable timers (0.01 Hz to 50 MHz)
- or command
- Gate (or second trigger) input
- External clocking up to 240 MHz (user programmable)
- Controlled via USB and Ethernet (Bluetooth in option)
- Ultra-compact packaging and low power
- External AC/DC compact power supply furnished
- Channel output amplitude option: 3 to 10 V or 15 to 50 V or LVDS level
The GFT1804 Pulse & Delay Generator provides 2 (or 4 or 8 in option) independent delayed pulses. Delays up to 10 seconds can be programmed with 100 ps resolution and channel to channel jitter less than 50 ps RMS. An option allows to enhance delay resolution to 1 ps, and channel to channel jitter to 5 ps RMS.
SMB outputs deliver 1.5 V to 5 V, 1 ns rise time pulses, into 50 Ω. Pulse amplitude, polarity and width are adjustable on each output channel. In option, pulse amplitude can be 3 V to 10 V or 15 V to 50 V under 50 Ω or LVDS level.
The model GFT1804 offer two inputs or three internal synchronized timers (adjustable from 0.01 Hz to 50 MHz) or software command for triggering all selected delay channel. The internal timers may be started by pushbutton or software command. Either trigger rate may be set as one-shot or repetitive. Gate input allows to inhibit quickly all selected channel outputs. This input may be selected as second external trigger.
The generator uses an internal 100 MHz TCXO clock reference, or an external user programmable (from 10 MHz to 240 MHz) clock (sine or square).
GFT1804 parameters can be remote controlled via Internet (from embedded Web server) or Ethernet or USB to UART (or Bluetooth in option).
Application example: The GFT1804 is well suited to synchronize all the devices of a Picosecond Laser system with only one compact unit and one GUI. In this application the “Clock reference input” of the pulse and delay generator receives a signal (80 MHz for example) from laser oscillator via an O/E (optical to electrical converter).From the GFT1804 Generator each amplifier (Pump-laser, Q-switch, Pockel cell ...) or diagnostic instruments (Digitizer, Calorimeter, CCD camera …) can receive repetitive or single pulses (adjusted in rate, delay, amplitude, polarity and width) synchronized on “Clock reference input” with a very low jitter.
From generator 4 Input and output GPIO under software control allow command for security or control to low frequency device.